Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Creative Christmas Decors


It's Christmastime!
Christmas is fast approaching, and people everywhere starts bringing out their Christmas decors. Some wanted new ones to fit their yearly motif for Christmas or just wanted to buy additional ornaments for plus attraction.

As for me, I wanted new decors as well but for a change and for creative purposes, I had mine done DIY.  Aside from saving myself  money and energy, I get to see my ‘ resourcefulness’ .. and creativity.lol.

Since our computer laboratory at work doesn’t have decors, I thought of adding a little TLC  by putting my DIY christmas touch…and by doing so, I’ve gotten some compliments that made me feel  AWwRrigHt!

By the way, some things I used here are already for ‘tow section’--- meaning, sooner it will be discarded and thrown to thrash can... However, I thought, why not make something out of it. Then, I bought some additional ornaments and accessories to make it presentable. Below are the tools used and the outputs of my playfully creative mind .

 Materials and tools used in wire wreath, cd wreath and hanging decor



Wire wreath
Hanging decor
CD wreath

Hanging Decor
I imitated this one from those hanging decors, and I used the old/used Cd's here instead of Christmas ball.Since I'll be putting it at the computer lab,  I printed pictures of smiley, linux, windows and computer related icons and pasted it to the side I have to cover ( since its a used cd). 

You can glue photos or put anything on the other side of the Cd. To make a ring, the UTP cable (without the skin ) were made to a round/ring .Used twist tie to hold it,wrapped the ribbon around the ring .Add the cherry ornaments.  

Use the small chains to hold the CD.( you'll need a drill here or something to make holes on cd).Cut 7 to 10 chains to hold used cd,odd lengths;  round ladder style.



Wire Wreath
This little ones are as easy as crumpling a paper. Make as many as little round  UTP cable wire as you can.bind with the lace/ ribbons of your choice, put the cherry ornament at the bottom or top. Add the twist tie to hold it.
Note: you can use the UTP skin  for another ring to make small wreaths.







CD Wreath


This one's a little hard, but keep on.. it's worth a try and when you're done, you'll be happy with the result. I glued the cd back to back, binded it with lace/ ribbon of my choice , then added the poinsettia.



1 comment: